Sean Scully : the shape of ideas / Timothy Rub with Amanda Sroka.
- Additional Title(s):
Sean Scully (Philadelphia Museum of Art)
- Philadelphia, PA : Philadelphia Museum of Art ; New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 256 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 x 26 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Scu55 A12 2020a (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition Sean Scully: The Shape of Ideas"--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
"A succinct account of the life and art of Sean Scully, widely considered to be one of the leading abstract painters of our time. This work sets his entire output within a detailed biographical framework, closely examining the relationship between the artist's paintings and his lesser-known drawings, pastels, watercolors, and prints-areas of Scully's production that are rarely considered together"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Scully, Sean, 1945-Scully, Sean, 1945- -- Exhibitions.
- Sean Scully : the shape of ideas / Timothy Rub
- The soul of feeling : Sean Scully and the end of art / Kelly Grovier
- Sean Scully (1973) / William Feaver
- Sean Scully's absolute paintings (1979) / Sam Hunter
- The Duane Street years (2016) / Deborah Solomon
- Sacred sadness (2006) / Donald Kuspit
- Between the lines : Sean Scully on paper (1996) / Arthur C. Danto
- Building light (2018) / Michael Auping.