Maclean, Caroline, Circles and squares , 2020
Circles and squares : the lives and art of the Hampstead modernists / Caroline Maclean.
- London ; New York : Bloomsbury, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 296 pages : illustrations, map ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryN6768.5.M63 M33 2020 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 255-257) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- London -- Hampstead.Great Britain.Hampstead (London, England) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century.Intellectual life.Modernism (Art)Modernism (Art) -- Great Britain.
- Ben, Barbara and Winifred
- Back at the Mall Studios
- Molly, Jack and Wells
- Gropius, Moholy-Nagy and Breuer
- Herbert and Ludo at the Mall Studios
- The rise of surrealism and the fall of unit one
- The Moores in Parkhill Road
- 'Axis and Circle': from Belsize Park to Fawley Bottom
- MacNeice, the Coldstreams and Auden: Keats Grove and Upper Park Road
- Mondrian and Calder: Parkhill Road.