Dream no small dream , 2020
Dream no small dream : the story of October Gallery / edited by Gerald Houghton.
- Additional Title(s):
Story of October Gallery
- London : October Gallery, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 300 pages : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Reference LibraryN6768.5.M63 O28 2020 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This fascinating book celebrates 40 years of artistic innovation in the heart of London, charting the development of a gallery whose mission was to show cutting edge work by avant-garde artists from all around the planet. From the outset, Octobery Gallery predicted the emergence of a 'trans-cultural avant-garde' that they named the 'Transvangarde.' While their call for a broader geographical and more culturally inclusive approach to art seemed radical at the time, it now sits close to the core of mainstream, contemporary discourse"-- Back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- History.Art, Modern -- 21st century -- History.Avant-garde (Aesthetics) -- 20th century.Avant-garde (Aesthetics) -- 21st century.Modernism (Art)October Gallery -- History.