The Cabinet-maker's assistant: a series of original designs for modern furniture, with descriptions and details of construction. Preceded by practical observations on the materials and manufacture of cabinet-work, and instructions in drawing adapted to the trade.
- Glasgow, Blackie and son, 1853.
New York [etc.] Blackie and son, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.., [vii]-viii, 4, lxxx, 60, 63 p. ill., 101 plates. 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2530 C3+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Most designs by P. Thomson,; most engravings by J.H. Le Keux; other engravings by H. Adlard, W.A. Beever, W. Forrest, G. Inglis, J.W. Lowry, C. Wands, T. Watt, J. West, after designs by C. Hambuch, A.H. Warren, and A. Maclure.
BAC : "W.G. Blackie and co., Printers."
By P. Thomson, according to identification of Thomson as "Author of the Cabinet-maker's assistant" on t.-p. of his "The Cabinet-maker's sketchbook." Cf. Weinreb cat. 8 ("Furniture") no. 323 & 324. Present work reprinted in 1970, with title "The Victorian cabinet-maker's assistant", with reference in the new introduction only to the "anonymous editors" of the original.
Added t.-p., engr., has title: The cabinet maker's assistant. Original designs for furniture.
- Subject Terms:
- Cabinetwork.Furniture design.Furniture, Victorian.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.