Elementary principles of carpentry; a treatise on the pressure and equilibrium of timber framing, the resistance of timber, and the construction of floors, centres, bridges, roofs; uniting iron and stone with timber, etc. With practical rules and examples. To which is added an essay on the nature and properties of timber ... also numerous tables ... Illustrated by fifty-three engravings, a portrait of the author, and several wood cuts. By Thomas Tredgold ...
- Fourth edition, corrected and considerably enlarged. With an appendix, containing specimens of various ancient and modern roofs, by Peter Barlow ...
- London, John Weale, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 334 p. front. (port.) illus. (incl. tables) 53 plates (part fold.) 29 x 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH5604 T7 1853+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Binding error: plate 1 misbound before plate 51.
BAC : Plates engraved by J. Davis, W.A. Beever, J. Le Keux, after drawings or plans by R. Tredgold, J. Shaw, C.S. Duncan, G. Argyll, J. Glynn, F. MacKenzie, L. Cubitt, R. Turner, G.M. Soli, S. Smirke. Wood engravings in text possibly reproduced by lithography.
BAC : "Printed by C.F. Hodgson."
Paging error: p. xxii misnumbered xii.
- Subject Terms:
YCBA Collections Search
Tredgold, Thomas, 1788-1829, Elementary principles of carpentry;, 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.