Tress, Richard, Modern churches, 1841
- Modern churches. Designs, estimates, and essays; also, plans, elevations, working drawings, and specifications of modern churches already erected. By Richard Tress ...
- London, J. Williams, 1841.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p. front., illus., 13 plates, 6 plans. 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA4810 T8+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Front. bound in after text.
BAC : Plates drawn by R. Wilson, R. Turner, R. Wrighte, R. Tress; some plates printed by E. Jones. One wood engraving by T. Withy.
BAC : Printed by "Drury, XVII, Bridgewater Square, Barbican."
BAC : Introductory paragraph signed R.E., i.e. Robert Ebbels or Ebbles, architect of the church at Ventnor, and refers to J.H., i.e. John Hambrough, for whom the church was built. Cf. H.M. Colvin, A biog. dict. of Eng. architects, 1660-1840, , p. 188.
Text consists of "Preface" and "Specifications of sundry works to be done in erecting a new church at Ventnor, Isle of Wight."
- Subject Terms:
- Church architecture -- Designs and plans.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.