LINDERISM , 2020
- LINDERISM / edited by Amy Tobin with Alina Khakoo.
- Cambridge, UK : Kettle's Yard, University of Cambridge ; London, UK : Koenig Books, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 128 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryOn OrderAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition LINDERISM at Kettle's Yard, University of Cambridge, February 15 - April 26, 2020.
Title from page 33.
Includes bibliographical references.
"Accompanying the first in-depth survey of her work in the UK, Linderism offers four new perspectives on Linder Sterling's wide-ranging practice by James Boaden, Alyce Mahon, Amy Tobin and Sarah Victoria Turner. The essays address Linder's early photomontages forged in the crucible of punk and post-punk culture in the North-West of England, as well as more recent shifts in her practice encompassing spirituality, the occult, and the surreal. Linderism is fully illustrated including extensive documentation of working drawings, and research images (the materials that have long formed the basis of her practice) as well as documentation of works included in the survey exhibition."--cornerhousepublications.org, viewed July 20, 2020.
- Preface / Andrew Nairne -- Introduction / Amy Tobin -- Linderism : the red period / Amy Tobin -- At the ballet / James Boaden -- The languages of flowers / Alyce Mahon -- Raising old ghosts : Linder's conversations with the dead / Sarah Victoria Turner.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Great Britain -- Biography.Artists.Great Britain.Photocollage -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Photocollage.Punk culture -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.Punk culture.Punk rock music -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.Punk rock music.Sterling, Linder, 1954-Sterling, Linder, 1954- -- Exhibitions.
Exhibition, pictorial works.