Peterson, William S., Morris & Company , 2020
- Morris & Company : essays on fine printing / by William S. Peterson.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Morris and Company
- First edition.
- New Castle, Delaware : Oak Knoll Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 302 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryOn OrderAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Essays on fine printing in the UK and USA during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, first published in various journals, edited and with added illustrations"-- Provided by publisher.
- William Morris and nineteenth-century English printing -- Morris as an awkward Marxist: The economics of fine printing -- Catterson-Smith's "Little Job" -- Sydney Cockerell and the Kelmscott Press -- Nineteenth-century revivals: Typographical and spiritual -- The library of Emery Walker -- An album of Charles T. Jacobi -- Sir John Betjeman as collector and book-designer -- The correspondence of Daniel Berkeley Updike and Thomas Maitland Cleland -- St. John Hornby and the Daniels: Their correspondence -- Pickering and the Quakers -- Appendix: Publications of William S. Peterson.
- Subject Terms:
- Book design -- Great Britain -- History.Book design -- United States -- History.Book design.Fine books -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Fine books -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Fine books -- United States -- History -- 19th century.Fine books -- United States -- History -- 20th century.Fine books.Great Britain.Kelmscott Press -- History.Kelmscott Press.Morris, William, 1834-1896.Morris, William, 1834-1896.Private presses -- Great Britain -- History.Private presses -- United States -- History.Private presses.United States.