IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Back, Amanda, Out of the blue , 
Out of the blue / text, Amanda Back ; special photography, James Merrell ; introduction by Tricia Guild.
- Additional Title(s):
Out of the blue : fifty years of Designers Guild
Fifty years of Designers Guild
- Woodbridge, Suffolk : ACC Art Books, 
- Physical Description:
- 255 pages : colour illustrations ; 28 cm
- Reference LibrarySuppressed On OrderAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Out of the Blue' unravels Tricia Guild's unique and creative approach, focusing in on her inspiration, her intuitive design methodology and the techniques, processes and materials used. Frustrated with the lack of truly contemporary fabrics and wallpapers for interiors, Tricia's vision was to create a lifestyle. Tricia showed people how to put the different elements of a room together; how colour, pattern, texture and form can combine to create a harmonious space. Juxtapositions are key to Tricia Guild's style. Like an artist employing collage, her judgment of each composition has led to hugely diverse results. However, what has remained consistent is the boldness with which she brings together patterns, colours and materials to striking effect. She has consistently remained true to this vision and her initial philosophy is still paramount to the company's work today.0Readers will be able to see where Tricia's inspiration comes from - her travels to India, Japan and Scandinavia - and how this is translated into collections of fabrics, wallpaper, furniture and accessories. Her inspiration may come from ancient Indian textiles, Renaissance-style velvet or a Swedish Gustavian wall treatment, but the resulting interiors are never drawn solely from one traveller's tale and are never just a reworking of an old document. Instead, each is an eclectic amalgam in which a harmony exists between East and West, present and past. Exhibition: Fashion and Textile Museum, London, UK (14.02-13.09.2020).
- Subject Terms:
- Color in interior decoration.Designers Guild -- History.Draperies.Guild, Tricia.Guild, Tricia.House furnishings -- Design.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- History.Interior decoration -- Pictorial works.Interior decoration.Repetitive patterns (Decorative arts) in interior decoration.
- Out of the blue
- An unconventional approach
- Making it happen
- Travellers' tales
- Flower power
- Bold and brave
- In the shade
- Not so square
- An artist in the room
- By invitation
- Inspiring others.