Watt, Patrick, Wild and majestic , 2019
- Wild and majestic : romantic visions of Scotland / Patrick Watt and Rosie Waine.
- Edinburgh : National Museums Scotland, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 96 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryOn OrderAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references: page 96.
Catalog of an exhibition held at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh, June 26 - November 10, 2019.
Dramatic Highland landscapes, heroic histories, tartan and bagpipes are among the defining images of Scotland for many people around the world. From the Romantic movement of the 18th and early 19th centuries to Queen Victoria's Highland idyll at Balmoral, 'Wild and Majestic' considers the origins of these ideas and explores how romantic interpretations of the cultural traditions of the Scottish Highlands and Islands became enduring symbols of wider Scottish identity. This book accompanies a landmark exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland, which charts Scotland's journey into the global imagination and invites you to think again about the meaning and relevance of ideas that continue to define Scotland today. -- Exhibition: National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh, UK (26.06.-10.11.2019).
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Scottish -- Exhibitions -- 18th century.Art, Scottish -- Exhibitions -- 19th century.Art, Scottish.Romanticism in art -- Exhibitions.Romanticism in art.
- Exhibition catalogs.