Tales of the Unexpected in Conservation (Conference), creator, 'Tales of the unexpected' , 2020
'Tales of the unexpected' : in paintings conservation / edited by Mary Kempski, Jo Kirby, Victoria Leanse, Kristina Mandy.
- London : Archetype Publications in association with British Association of Paintings Conservator-Restorers (BAPCR), 2020.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 137 pages : illustrations (black and white with some color) ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryND1650 .T35 2020 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selected conference papers.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.Painting -- Conservation and restoration.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- Introduction / Hayley Tomlinson
- Tudor portraits ofthe Le Strange family of Hunstanton: Sir Thomas Le Strange (1493/4-1545)/ Emma Boyce Gore
- Shedding the centuries: the rediscovery of an early sixteenth-cetury banco / Molly Hughes-Hallett
- Intergration of macro X-ray fluorescence scanning and reflectance hyperspectral imaging into research and conservation activities at the National Gallery, London / Marta Melchiorre Di Crescenzo, Catherine Higgitt, Rachel Billinge and Marika Spring
- Discovering Beuckelaer? / Alice Tate-Harte and Rachel Turnbull
- Cracking the Dutch painter Jan van der Heyden's 'art secret' / Jae Youn Chung, Mary Kempski and David Peggie
- When is a landscape not a landscape? When it's a portrait! / Miranda Brain and Jon Old
- Sometimes the unexpected is as good as gold: discovery of gilded elements in Tiepolo's Bacchus and Ariadne / Sarah G. Murray and Barbara H. Berrie
- Revealing secrets of 'Three Figures Dressed for a Masquerade' attributed to Louis-Joseph Le Lorrain / Joanna Strombek
- Turner's unknown portraits / Susan Breen, Joyce Townsend and Ian Warrell
- An unexpected product of the George Dawe painting factory / Rosanna de Sancha
- Examing Édouard Manet's 'Le Déjeunersur l'herbe' from the Courtauld Gallery using spectral imaging techniques / Silvia Rita Amato, Maureen Cross, Aviva Burnstock, Koen Janssens, Joris Dik, Laura Cartechini, Anne Michelin and Aurélie Tournié
- Conception, idiosyncrasy and immateriality in the London paintings of Matthijs Maris (1839-1917): challenges in interpretation and conversation / Laura Raven and Erma Hermens
- A brief comparative study between some of Tate's collection of Léger paintings / Francesca Secchi
- What lies beneath: technical discoveries, intention and practice in the early work of Mark Gertler / Aviva Burnstock and Sarah MacDougall.