Haslewood, Francis, The parish of Benenden, Kent: its monuments, vicars, and persons of note, 1889
- The parish of Benenden, Kent: its monuments, vicars, and persons of note. Also a reprint of an exceedingly rare pamphlet, entitled This winter's wonders, dated 1673. By Francis Haslewood. Priv. print.
- Ipswich, The author, 1889.
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 258 p. front., illus., plates, fold. geneal. tables. 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA690 B44 H37 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "Two hundred & two copies privately printed, each being numbered."
Contains pedigrees of the Edge and Munn families.
"Political, by William Tarbutt": p. 197-205.
"Family of Munn, by A. L. Hardy": p. 205-108.
"This winter's wonders: or, A true relation of a calamitous accident at Bennenden ... how the church and several houses were destroyed by thunder and lightning, on the 29th of Decenber last, being Sabbath day ... Printed in the year 1673", with reproduction of original t.p.: p. 167-174.
- Subject Terms:
- Benenden (England : Parish)Edge family.Epitaphs -- England -- Benenden (Parish)Munn family.Thunderstorms.