Baillie-Saunders, Margaret Elsie Crowther, 1873-1949, The great folk of old Marylebone, 1904
The great folk of old Marylebone: written by Mrs. Baillie Saunders, with illustrations by the author and a map.
- London, H.J. Glaisher, 1904.
- Physical Description:
- vi p., 2 l., 79,  p. front., ports., map. 20 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA685 M2 B35 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "First appeared in the St. Marylebone magazine in the form of articles." -- Pref.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
- Subject Terms:
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Homes and haunts.Marylebone (London, England)
- The earliest folk.--History of the manor.--The Marylebone gardens: their rise; their fall.--The taverns and Tyburn.--The churches.--Marylebone celebrities.--The Brownings in Marylebone.--Dickens in Marylebone.--Charles Wesley in Marylebone.--Conclusion.