The history and antiquities of Morley, in the west riding of the county of York. With upwards of one hundred illustrations. By William Smith.
- London, Longmans, Green, & co., 1876.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 272 p. front., illus., plates, ports. 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA690 M8 S65 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject Terms:
- Morley (England)Wool industry -- England -- Morley.
- Historical notices.--Etymologies.--Boundaries.--Wapentake.--The lords of Morley.--Scenery and geological features.--Agriculture.--Domestic architecture.--Means of communication.--Local government.--Social condition and habits.--Ancient customs and amusements.--Biographical sketches.--Ecclesiastical history.--Literary and educational institutions.--Industrial and provident societies.--The woollen and union cloth manufacture.--Appendices.--Index.