Lancaster, Osbert, 1908-1986, Here, of all places , 1958
- Here, of all places / by Osbert Lancaster ; illustrated by the author.
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin Company ; Cambridge : The Riverside Press, 1958.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 189,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA961 .L36 1958+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The satiric pen of Osbert Lancaster, England's best-known politico-social cartoonist, here sets forth Western man's record as a builder of homes. Anyone who lives beneath a roof will find this a beguiling book. As a pictorial history of domestic architecture it is a swift and accurate guide. And it is executed with a verve and humor assuring hours of high entertainment."--Dust jacket flap.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's illustrated beige half buckram and red boards. With original illustrated dust jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Architecture, Domestic -- United States.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Interior decoration -- United States.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.