Kauffmann, C. M. (Claus Michael), 1931-, The legend of Saint Ursula,, 1964
The legend of Saint Ursula, by C. M. Kauffman.
- London, H. M. Stationery Off., 1964.
- Physical Description:
- 34 p. illus., 28 plates. 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryDONOHUE N8080 .K35 1964 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BAC copy: Gift of Anthony Donohue, December 2005.
- Subject Terms:
- Ursula, Saint -- Art.Ursula, Saint -- Legends.
- Introduction.--The legend of St. Ursula.--The expansion of the legend and the "Martyrdom of St. Ursula and the eleven thousand virgins" in the Victoria and Albert Museum.--The iconography of the series.--The Master of the St. Ursula Legend and the school of Cologne in the late 15th century.--The provenance of the paintings and the pattern of patronage at Cologne.--Notes on the text (p. 30-33)