The road-books & itineraries of Great Britain, 1570 to 1850. A catalogue with an introduction and a bibliography, by Sir Herbert George Fordham ...
- Cambridge [Eng.] The University press, 1924.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p. l., [v]-xv,  72 p. incl. front. (facsim.) 23 x 18 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ6027 G7 F62 1924 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This edition is limited to 550 copies, of which 500 are for sale. This copy is no. 271."
"A second edition, revised from the author's "Catalogue of the road-books and itineraries of Great Britain and Ireland to the year 1850" included in his "Road-books and itineraries bibliographically considered" published in the Transactions of the Bibliographical society in 1916, and issued also separately.
The present edition does not include the road-books of Ireland.
Bibliography. Titles of the author's works on road-books, itineraries and systematic travel in the British islands and central Europe: verso of p. xv.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Maps -- Bibliography.Roads -- Great Britain -- Maps -- Bibliography.
YCBA Collections Search
Fordham, Herbert George, Sir, 1854-1929, The road-books & itineraries of Great Britain, 1570 to 1850, 1924