Drawings by William Westall, landscape artist on board H. M. S. Investigator during the circumnavigation of Australia by Captain Matthew Flinders, R.N., in 1801-1803. Edited by T.M. Perry and Donald H. Simpson.
- London, Royal Commonwealth Society, 1962.
- Physical Description:
- 71 p. plates (part col.) maps (Part fold., 1 in pocket) ports. 49 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 23Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Bibliographical footnotes.
- Subject Terms:
- Australia -- Pictorial works.Flinders, Matthew, 1774-1814.Investigator (Sloop)
- William Westall's drawings and paintings on Flinders' voyage, by B. Smith.--The Charting of Australia by Flinders, by R.A. Skelton.--Portraits of William Westall, by D.H. Simpson.--An annotated catalogue of William Westall's drawings in the Library of the Royal Commonwealth Society, London, by T. M. Perry.--An annotated catalogue of other Australian pictures by Westall, by D.H. Simpson.--A list of the principal books containing plates by or after William Westall (p. 65-68)