Nicholson, William, 1872-1949, An almanac & London types, [©1980]
An almanac & London types.
- Additional Title(s):
Almanac of twelve sports
- [Andoversford, Gloucestershire] : Whittington Press, [©1980]
- Physical Description:
- 1 case ( sheets) : illustrations ; 45 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2021 6Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Spine title.
"All the subjects are printed from the original woodblocks, with the exception of [4 prints] for which the woodblocks are missing, and which were printed from line blocks made from Nicholson's hand-printed portfolio edition of London types"--Page  of accompanying booklet.
Without the verses accompanying the original editions, by Rudyard Kipling (1st work)--and W.E. Henley (2nd work).
Both works originally published in lithographic facsimile after hand-colored impressions from the original blocks: London : William Heinemann, 1898.
"William Nicholson's An almanac of twelve sports and London types: an introduction to the reprint from the original woodblocks," by Edward Craig (12 p. : ill. ; 33 cm.)--laid in.
BAC: British Art Center copy is unnumbered.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.British in art.National characteristics, English -- Caricatures and cartoons.Sports in art.
- An almanac of twelve sports
- London types
- Unused versions.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.