A brief account of the coronation of His Majesty, George IV, July 19, 1821, 1821
A brief account of the coronation of His Majesty, George IV, July 19, 1821.
- London : Printed for D. Walther, Brydges Street, Covent Garden, 1821.
[London] : C. Richards, printer, 100 St. Martin's Lane
- Physical Description:
- , 32 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA538 A1 B7 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA538 A1 B7 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The plates are by W. Read.
Printer's name from verso of title page.
The eight plates are aquatints, except for the portrait of George the IV (stipple engraving) and the illustration of regalia (line engraving).
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 257
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. The aquatints are hand-colored. Bound in contemporary brown paper boards, rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Coronations -- Great Britain.George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830 -- Coronation.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.