The workman's guide to the study of old English architecture. In sketches of enriched ceilings, cornices & friezes, carved woodwork, furniture, &c. &c. &c. of the reigns of Elizabeth and James 1st. By Charles James Richardson ...
- [London] Thos. Mc Lean, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., 12 col. plates. 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA965 R54+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Printed at the Engravers & Architects Lithographic Press, or the General Lithographic Establishment, both at 70, St. Martin's Lane. According to Michael Twyman (A directory of London lithographic printers. London, 1976), Thomas Mc Lean, the publisher of the present work, was at 70 St. Martin's Lane at this time.
BAC : Some plates by H. Hodge, after the author; "figures" in one plate by Weld Taylor.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture, Elizabethan.Architecture, Jacobean.
YCBA Collections Search
Richardson, C. J. (Charles James), 1806-1871, The workman's guide to the study of old English architecture, 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.