Shakespeare versus Shallow / by Leslie Hotson.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 1931.
Edinburgh : R. and R. Clark, Limited, 
- Physical Description:
- , ix-xiv, 374,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2827 .H68 1931Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Facsimile between pages 26 and 27 accompanied by leaf with descriptive letterpress.
With documents to prove that Justice Gardiner was the prototype of Shallow.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 76
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark blue buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Gardiner, William, ca. 1531-1597.Gardner family.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Characters -- Shallow.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Merry wives of Windsor.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
- Shakespeare's quarrel
- The life of Justice Gardiner
- White luces
- Justice Shallow and Abraham Slender
- The date of the Merry wives of Windsor
- The women in the case
- Appendix [Gardiner documents (pages 133-350)]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.