The forty thieves : a drama, in two acts : adapted to the scenes and characters.
- Boys of England edition
- [London] : [Edwin J. Brett], [between 1866 and 1880]
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : illustrations ; 15 cm and  sheets : lithographs ; 17 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsToy Theater Brett The forty thieves.Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. KrausView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The Boys of England began in 1866 and was published by Charles Stevens. Toy theater plays were serialized and included in the magazine. After the 10th number The Boys of England was taken over by Edwin J. Brett. Toy theater plays continued to be issued in the magazine, often of stories that were serialized in the publication. See Speaight.
Speaight, G. History of the English toy theatre, pages 141,198, 207
BAC: British Art Center copy is complete. All pieces are uncolored. The characters are cut.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Juvenile drama.Children's plays, English.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.