Tom Daring, or, Far from Home : a play for The Boys of the World, in three acts.
- Additional Title(s):
Far from Home
- [London] : [Edwin J. Brett], [between 1866 and 1880]
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages ; 15 cm and  sheets : lithographs ; 17 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsToy Theater Brett''s Tom Daring, or, Far from homeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. KrausView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The Boys of England began in 1866 and was published by Charles Stevens. Toy theater plays were serialized and included in the magazine. After the 10th number The Boys of England was taken over by Edwin J. Brett. Toy theater plays continued to be issued in the magazine, often of stories that were serialized in the publication. See Speaight.
The publisher Edwin J. Brett was active from 1866-1880. See Speaight.
Speaight, G. History of the English toy theatre, pages 141,198, 212
BAC: British Art Center copy is complete. All pieces are uncolored. The characters are cut.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Juvenile drama.Children's plays, English.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.