King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table , [between 1866 and 1880]
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table : a drama, in two acts, adapted to the scenes and characters.
- Boys of England edition
- London : [Published by Edwin Brett], [between 1866 and 1880]
London : Kelly and Co., Printers
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : 15 cm and 25 sheets : lithographs ; 17 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsToy Theater King Arthur and the Knights of the Round TableYale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. KrausView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The Boys of England began in 1866 and was published by Charles Stevens. Toy theater plays were serialized and included in the magazine. After the 10th number The Boys of England was taken over by Edwin J. Brett. Toy theater plays continued to be issued in the magazine, often of stories that were serialized in the publication. See Speaight.
Printed by Kelly and Co., Printers, 28, Little Queen Street, and 1 & 3, Gate Street, Lincoln's Inn Fields.
The publisher Edwin Brettt was active from 1866-1880. See Speaight.
Speaight, G. History of the English toy theatre, pages 198
BAC: British Art Center copy is unclear if 4 wing pieces are missing. Two characters are unlabeled. All pieces are uncolored and characters are cut. Pamphlet is bound in publisher's original paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Juvenile drama.Children's plays, English.
Lithographs -- [between 1866-1880]
Publisher's advertisements -- England -- London -- [between 1866-1880]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.