Blue Beard, or, Female curiosity : a drama, in two acts : adapted to the scenes and characters.
- Additional Title(s):
- [London] : [Edwin J. Brett], [between 1866 and 1880]
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages ; 120 cm and [22 sheets] : lithographs ; 17 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsToy Theater Brett Blue BeardYale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. KrausView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The Boys of England began in 1866 and was published by Charles Stevens. Toy theater plays were serialized and included in the magazine. After the 10th number The Boys of England was taken over by Edwin J. Brett. Toy theater plays continued to be issued in the magazine, often of stories that were serialized in the publication. See Speaight.
The publisher Edwin J. Brett was active from 1866-1880. See Speaight.
Speaight, G. History of the English toy theatre, pages 141, 204
BAC: British Art Center copy is complete. Pieces are uncolored and cut.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Juvenile drama.Children's plays, English.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.