Sketches, graphic and descriptive, &c. for a history of the decorative painting : applied to English architecture during the middle ages / by E.L. Blackburne, F.S.A., architect ...
- Additional Title(s):
Decorative painting of the Middle Ages
- London :, John Williams & Co., 141, Strand, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 88,  pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 40 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 49Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The title page is lithographed.
Plates printed by Day & Son, London.
Last page blank.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 6
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original brown cloth, stamped in gold.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England.Decoration and ornament -- England.Decoration and ornament, Architectural.Decoration and ornament, Gothic.Decoration and ornament, Medieval.John Williams & Co. -- Publisher.Mural painting and decoration, Medieval.Mural painting and decoration.
- Chromolithographs -- 1847.
YCBA Collections Search
Blackburne, Edward Lushington, Sketches, graphic and descriptive, &c. for a history of the decorative painting , 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.