Ince, William, active 18th century, The universal system of houshold furniture , [1762?]
- The universal system of houshold furniture : consisting of above 300 designs on the most elegant taste, both useful & ornamental : finely engraved, in which the nature of ornament & perspective, is accurately exemplified : the whole made convenient to the nobility and gentry, in their choice, & comprehensive to the workman, by directions for executing the several designs, with specimens of ornament for young practitioners in drawing / by Ince & Mayhew cabinet-makers & upholders, in Bond Street, Golden Square, London ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Universal system of household furniture
- [London] : To be had of the authors, & at A. Weoblys, near Chancery lane, Holborn, & of all other booksellers, [1762?]
- Physical Description:
- iii-iv, 11,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 45 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 68Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from ESTC.
Parallel text in English and French ; preface in English.
Plates engraved by Matthias Darly; after Ince and Mayhew.
Includes 95 numbered plates. Engraved illustrated title page, dedication and added title-page in French with title, Système universel de garniture de maison, included in the plate count.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary dark green quarter morocco with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- England -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament.England.Furniture -- England -- 18th century -- Early works to 1800.Furniture design -- Early works to 1800.Furniture design.Furniture.Interior decoration -- Early works to 1800.Interior decoration.
- Engravings -- 1762.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.