Carlell, Lodowick, 1602?-1675, The fool would be a favourit, or, The discreet lover (1657) , MCMXXVI 
- The fool would be a favourit, or, The discreet lover (1657) / printed from the edition of 1657 ; with an introduction by Allardyce Nicoll.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Fool would be a favorite
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, in Berkshire : Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , xii, , 88,  pages ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2439.C37 F66 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This book was printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawence, in Berkshire, and completed on the 30th day of July, 1926. Compositors: F. Young & A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 550 copies."--Colophon.
Originally published, with the author's Osmond, the great Turk, under title: Two new playes.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 42
AOB has copy no. 349 of 550 printed.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 70 of 550. Bound in original beige quarter buckram with brown paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- English drama -- 17th century.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawence.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.