Carlell, Lodowick, 1602?-1675, The tragedy of Osmond the great Turk, or, The noble servant (1657) , MCMXXVI 
- The tragedy of Osmond the great Turk, or, The noble servant (1657) / by Lodowick Carlell ; printed from the edition of 1657 ; with an introduction by Allardyce Nicoll ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Noble servant
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, in Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , x-xii, , 59,  pages ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2439.C37 O86 1926 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2439.C37 O86 1926 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Nigel HamwayAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This book was printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, in Berkshire, and completed on the 5th day of May, 1926. Compositors: F. Young & A. H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 550 copies."--Colophon.
With reproduction of original title page.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 39
BEIN: No. 227.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is no. 59 of 550. Bound in beige quarter buckram with brown paper covered boards.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is no. 198 of 550. Bound in beige quarter buckram with brown paper covered boards. Bookplate and embossed stamp: Wigan Free Public Library. Autograph of Ellis K. Waterhouse.
- Subject Terms:
- English drama -- 17th century.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Waterhouse, Ellis K. -- Autograph.Wigan Free Public Library -- Bookplate.Wigan Free Public Library -- Stamp.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Walham Saint Lawrence.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.