A catalogue of the library of the late John, Duke of Roxburghe : arranged by G. and W. Nicol, booksellers to His Majesty, Pall-Mall ; which will be sold by auction, at His Grace's late residence in St. James's Square, on Monday, 18th May, 1812, and the forty-one following days, Sundays excepted, at twelve o'clock, by Robert H. Evans, bookseller, Pall-Mall.
- Additional Title(s):
Roxburghe library catalogue
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co. Cleveland-Row, St. James's, 1812.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, xxii-xxiv, 284 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ997 .R887 1812 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ997 .R887 1812 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- 9,353 lots; sold for £23,397.
Spine title: Roxburghe library catalogue.
Page 281 wrongly numbered 283. Page 284 repeated in pagination.
Signatures: [A]⁸, B⁴, B-2N⁴, 2O².
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in gilt-stamped smooth calf binding. Text block edges gilded. Copiously annotated. Copy 2 (20 cm.) bound in marbled paper boards. Copy 2 bound in contemporary half roan and marbled boards. Inscribed: T.W. Edwards. Text heavily annotated. Has bound with it: Supplement to the catalogue of the library of the late John, Duke of Roxburghe (London: W. Bulmer and Co., 1812).
LSF,ARTR X348 E92 1812/5/18: Priced in ms., with other ms. notations. Spine title: Catalogue Roxburghe.
- Subject Terms:
- Auction catalogs.Book auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Books -- Prices -- Catalogs.Booksellers' catalogs -- England -- London.Crosse, John -- Autograph.Edwards, T. W. -- Autograph.Evans, R. H. (Robert Harding), 1777-1857 -- Catalogs.Private libraries -- England -- Catalogs.Rare books -- Great Britain -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Roxburghe, John Ker, Duke of, 1740-1804 -- Library -- Catalogs.W. Bulmer and Co. -- Printer.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century.
Book auction catalogs.
Auction catalogs -- 1812 05 18-07 02.
Auction catalogs -- England -- London -- 1812.
YCBA Collections Search
Roxburghe, John Ker, Duke of, 1740-1804, A catalogue of the library of the late John, Duke of Roxburghe , 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.