IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sutherland, Elizabeth Leveson-Gower, Duchess of, 1765-1839, Views in Orkney and on the north-eastern coast of Scotland , [1810?]
Views in Orkney and on the north-eastern coast of Scotland : taken in MDCCCV and etched MDCCCVII.
- Additional Title(s):
Views in Orkney, &c.
- [London] : [s.n.], [1810?]
- Physical Description:
- , 27 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA880.O6 S88 1810+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Half-title: Views in Orkney, &c.
Plates and illustrations signed with artist's cipher; engraved by Frederick Christian Lewis.
Descriptions extracted from Dr. Barry's history, and Wallace's and Brand's descriptions of Orkney.
120 copies printed.
Engraved map on title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and blind-tooled calf, with gilt edges. Autograph: Gertrude Sloane. Binder's ticket: Bound by C. Meyer.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1810.Meyer, C. -- Bookbinder.Orkney (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Scotland -- Description and travel.Sloane, Gertrude -- Autograph.
- Some account of the Orkney Islands
- The Cathedral of Kirkwall
- The Earl's Palace
- The Bay of Frith
- Duncansbay, or Dungsby-Head
- The Castle of Helmsdale
- Dunrobin Castle
- The Chapel of Rosslyn.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.