The civil costume of England : from the conquest to the present time : drawn from tapestries, monumental effigies, illuminated manuscripts, portraits, etc. / by Charles Martin ; etched by Leopold Martin.
- London : Henry G. Bohn, York Street, Covent Garden, MDCCCXLII 
- Physical Description:
- vi,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK4743 .M37 1842+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Added engraved title page with an illuminated border & portraits.
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 1195
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 572
Kunstbibliothek (Berlin, Germany). Katalog der Lipperheideschen Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Gca
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half brown roan and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Bohn, Henry -- Publisher.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- History.Clothing and dress -- History -- Pictorial works.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
YCBA Collections Search
Martin, Charles, 1810-1906, The civil costume of England , MDCCCXLII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.