Somerville, E. Œ. (Edith Œnone), 1858-1949, Slipper's ABC of fox hunting , 1903
Slipper's ABC of fox hunting / by E.Œ. Somerville.
- London : Longmans, Green, and Co., 1903.
- Physical Description:
- 85 p. : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 74Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Alphabet printed on one side of the page. Each letter has a 4 line verse faced by full page colored engraving. 20 illustrations on tan backgrounds.
"Engraved and printed by Edmund Evans, The Racquet Court Press, Swan Street, London"--Colophon.
BEIN 1998 +347: Presentation inscription to May from her cousin Brenda, Oct. 20, 1905.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original cloth binding with pictorial design in red, black, and white on front over. Lettered in black.
Whimsical look at foxhunting in Ireland at the turn of the century
- Subject Terms:
- Alphabet books.Alphabets.Fox hunting -- Humor.Irish wit and humor.Longmans, Green, and Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1903.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.