IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Birch, Samuel, 1813-1885, History of ancient pottery, 1858
History of ancient pottery. By Samuel Birch ... Illustrated with coloured plates and numerous engravings.
- London, J. Murray, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. col. fronts., illus., plates (partly col.) 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK3800 B6View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 114
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Extra-illustrated with autograph letters by the author and other antiquaries in addition to drawings and engravings relating to ancient ceramics.
BAC : Plates and illustrations by Martin, Wheeler, G.S., J.C., S.H. and T.
BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end of v. 2.
BAC : "Bradbury and Evans, printers."
"List of the principal collections of ancient pottery": v. 2, p. 415-416.
- Subject Terms:
- Pottery -- Marks.Pottery, Ancient.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
- v. 1. Egyptian, Assyrian and Greek.--v. 2. Greek, Etruscan and Roman.
Color Printing in England, 1486-1870 (Yale Center for British Art, April 20, 1978-June 25, 1978) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.