Albert, Neale M., Neale M. Albert collection of decorated papers, [between 1800 and 2020?]
Neale M. Albert collection of decorated papers.
- [between 1800 and 2020?]
- Physical Description:
- 5 boxes (417 sheets)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 6Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The sheets are housed in custom boxes made by George Bayntun (firm).
Patterned papers collected by Neale M. Albert. The papers would be suitable for use as endleaves, covering materials, box linings, or similar bookbinding purposes. Box titles in the note herewith are transcribed from leather labels on each box.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- Equipment and supplies.Endpapers.
- Patterned paper.
- [Box 1] Decorated papers: 39 sheets, all with labels affixed to the polyester enclosures. Cockerell: 12 sheets; Jemma Lewis: 22 sheets; Luis Fernando Machado, 5 sheets
- [box 2] Neale M. Albert collection of decorated papers, vol. 2: 94 sheets, some labeled. Misc, Bombay: 17 sheets; Miscellaneous, Spain: 5 sheets; Montse Buxó: 5 sheets; Sage Reynolds: 2 sheets; Carolyn Whitesel, 10 sheets; 36 unlabeled smaller sheets; 19 unlabled larger sheets
- [box 3] 100 decorated papers: 100 sheets, mostly marbled paper
- [box 4] Old decorative papers: 75 sheets, mostly marbled paper
- [box 5] Japanese patterned papers: 109 sheets, two bearing the word "hanako" in the lower margin.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.