IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Outlines of figures and drapery , [Jany. 1, 1801]
Outlines of figures and drapery : collected with great care from antient statues, monuments, basreleivos &c representing the principle characters in the plays of Racine, in their proper costume forming an useful study for amateurs in drawing, from the most correct & chaste models of Grecian & Roman sculpture.
- [London] : Pub. Jany. 1, 1801, by S.W. Fores, No. Piccadilly. Prints and drawings lent out to copy, [Jany. 1, 1801]
- Physical Description:
- , XII leaves of plates : all ill. ; fol.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ1902.5 O9+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Cover title: "A second part to Lady Hamilton's attitudes, containing outlines of figures and drapery ... published by S.W. Fores ... who also publishes Lady Hamilton's attitudes ..."
This set of plates was probably also issued together with Lady Hamilton's attitudes. In the present set, 6 of the 12 plates depict males, which may also have been performed by Emma Hamilton. The engraved title page depicts a female artist copying from volumes of Fores's Correct costume of several nations or antiquit[ies], Lady Hamilton's attitudes, Metz's drawing book, and Heads for studies.
Plates printed on orange colored paper and mounted on large paper.
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks a printed cover title. Bound in later half black leather and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Drapery in art.Drawing, English.Etching -- Specimens -- 1801.Fores, S. W., -- Publisher.Racine, Jean, 1639-1699 -- Dramatic production.Racine, Jean, 1639-1699 -- Illustrations.Racine, Jean, 1639-1699.Tableaux.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.