British galleries of painting and sculpture : comprising a general historical and critical catalogue, with separate notices of every work of fine art in the principal collections / by C.M. Westmacott.
- London : Sherwood, Jones, and Co., 1824.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 240 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN1030 W37 1824View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- No more published?
Printed by William Clowes, Northumberland-court.
BAC: Errata slip inserted.
BAC: British Art Center copy contains ms. notes.
Critical and descriptive catalogue of the antique sculptures, bassi relievi, statues, vases and paintings, which form the splendid collection of Thomas Hope, in his extensive galleries, Duchess-Street, Portland: p. -240.
Illustrations by Joseph Hawksworth, William Bond, John Le Keux, and C.H. Tatham; after Thomas Charles Wageman, J.C. Smith, George Cattermole, Findley, and John Roffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain.Art museums -- Great Britain.Clowes, William -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.Sherwood, Jones, and Co. -- Publisher.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Specimens -- 1824.
YCBA Collections Search
Westmacott, C. M. (Charles Molloy), 1787 or 1788-1868, British galleries of painting and sculpture , 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.