Arnold, Janet, 1932-1998, Patterns of fashion , -
Patterns of fashion / written and illustrated by Janet Arnold.
- [New revised edition].
- London : The School of Historical Dress, -
- Physical Description:
- 6 volumes : illustrations (some color) ; 27 x 37 cm
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- A new edition revised and compiled by Melanie Braun, Luca Costigliolo, Sebastien Passot, Claire Thornton & Jenny Tiramani.
Includes bibliographical references.
"We are now the sole publishers of the whole series of 'Patterns of Fashion' books since we gained the publication rights in May 2020. The old editions by Macmillan Publishing are now out of print. At the moment we are preparing new colour editions of volumes 1, 2, 3 and 4 in addition our new book 6. We are working long hours to finish these books as soon as we can, but many processes are necessary in the preparation of these complex publications and things are taking much much longer than normal during the pandemic"-- Publishers note.
- Subject Terms:
- Costume -- Europe -- History.Costume -- Great Britain.Costume.Dressmaking -- Europe -- History.Dressmaking -- Great Britain -- History.Dressmaking -- History.Dressmaking -- Patterns.Dressmaking.Fashion design -- Great Britain.Fashion design.Great Britain.
- vol. 1. The content, cut, construction of Englishwomen's dress, c.1720-1860 / Janet Arnold
- vol. 2. The content, cut, construction and context of Englishwomen's dress, c.1860-1940 / by Janet Arnold-- vol. 3. The content, cut, construction and context of European men's and women's dress, c.1540-1660 / by Janet Arnold
- vol. 4. The content, cut, construction and context of shirts, smocks, neckwear, headwear and accessories for men and women, c.1540-1660 / by Janet Arnold
- vol. 5. The content, cut, construction & context of bodies, stays, hoops & rumps, c.1595-1795 / Janet Arnold, Jenny Tiramani, Luca Constigliolo, Sebastien Passot, Armelle Lucas & Johannes Pietsch
- vol. 6. The content, cut, construction and context of European women's dress, c.1700-1795 / by Janet Arnold, Sebastien Passot, Claire Thornton & Jenny Tiramani.