Notice, on the picture of the coronation of Napoleon, 1826?]
- Notice, on the picture of the coronation of Napoleon.
- [New York? 1826?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p., 2 numb. leaves. fold. plate. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND553 D25 N6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisement for E. Rousseau: 1 leaf at end.
BAC : Plate lithographed by Imbert & Co.
The painting described is J.L. David's second version of Le sacre, completed in 1821 and now at the Musée national de Versailles.
Possibly an exhibition catalogue for the showing of the painting at the American Academy of the Fine Arts late in 1825. Its exhibition there is mentioned in Dunlap, William. History of the rise and progress of the arts of design in the United States. New York, 1965, v. 1, p. 351; see also Cowdrey, M.D. American Academy of Fine Arts. New York, 1953, p. 44 and 91.
- Subject Terms:
- American Academy of the Fine Arts.David, Jacques Louis, 1748-1825. Le sacre.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.