Glossary of ecclesiastical ornament and costume, compiled from ancient authorities and examples, by A. Welby Pugin ... illustrated by extracts from the works of Durandus, Georgius, Bona, Catalani, Gerbert, Martene, Molanus, Thiers, Mabillon, Ducange, etc.
- A 2d ed. enl. and rev. by the Rev. Bernard Smith.
- London, H.G. Bohn, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 245 p. ill., 73 pl. (72 col., incl. added t.-p.) 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1650 P9+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 140
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 429 (Abbey copy) where it is claimed that the binding was done for Henry Vane.
BAC : Plates lithographed by H.C. Maguire after Pugin and printed by M & N Hanhart; illustrations by O. Jewitt after Pugin.
BAC : "G. Norman, printer."
Two of the plates are double.
- Subject Terms:
- Christian art and symbolism.Church decoration and ornament.Church vestments.
YCBA Collections Search
Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852, Glossary of ecclesiastical ornament and costume,, 1846
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.