Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852, Glossary of ecclesiastical ornament and costume,, 1846
- Glossary of ecclesiastical ornament and costume, compiled from ancient authorities and examples, by A. Welby Pugin ... illustrated by extracts from the works of Durandus, Georgius, Bona, Catalani, Gerbert, Martene, Molanus, Thiers, Mabillon, Ducange, etc.
- A 2d ed. enl. and rev. by the Rev. Bernard Smith.
- London, H.G. Bohn, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 245 p. ill., 73 pl. (72 col., incl. added t.-p.) 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1650 P9+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 140
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 429 (Abbey copy) where it is claimed that the binding was done for Henry Vane.
BAC : Plates lithographed by H.C. Maguire after Pugin and printed by M & N Hanhart; illustrations by O. Jewitt after Pugin.
BAC : "G. Norman, printer."
Two of the plates are double.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Christian art and symbolism.Church decoration and ornament.Church vestments.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.