Hassell, J. (John), d. 1825, Picturesque rides and walks,, 1817-18
- Picturesque rides and walks, with excursions by water, thirty miles round the British metropolis; illustrated in a series of engravings, coloured after nature; with an historical and topographical description of the country within the compass of that circle. By J. Hassell ...
- London, Printed for J. Hassell, 1817-18.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. 120 col. plates (incl. front.) 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA667 H3 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA667 H3 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery 218
BAC : Plates by D. Havell, and the author.
BAC : "W. Flint, printer."
BAC : The imprint on the wrappers of the parts reads: London: Published for the proprietor, by Sherwood, Neely, and Jones, Birkett and Hudson, E. Wilson, J.M. Richardson, and F. Setchell.
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and is in the original 24 parts, with paper wrappers, in Solander cases by Zaehnsdorf. Some parts inscribed: John Goodford, Yeovil. Copy 2 has the plate intended to face p. 20, v. 2, bound in as a frontispiece.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.