Picturesque rides and walks, with excursions by water, thirty miles round the British metropolis; illustrated in a series of engravings, coloured after nature; with an historical and topographical description of the country within the compass of that circle. By J. Hassell ...
- London, Printed for J. Hassell, 1817-18.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. 120 col. plates (incl. front.) 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA667 H3 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA667 H3 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 218
BAC : Plates by D. Havell, and the author.
BAC : "W. Flint, printer."
BAC : The imprint on the wrappers of the parts reads: London: Published for the proprietor, by Sherwood, Neely, and Jones, Birkett and Hudson, E. Wilson, J.M. Richardson, and F. Setchell.
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and is in the original 24 parts, with paper wrappers, in Solander cases by Zaehnsdorf. Some parts inscribed: John Goodford, Yeovil. Copy 2 has the plate intended to face p. 20, v. 2, bound in as a frontispiece.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Hassell, J. (John), d. 1825, Picturesque rides and walks,, 1817-18
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.