Barnard, George, 1807-1890, Drawing from nature, 1877
- Drawing from nature: a series of progressive instructions in sketching, to which are appended lectures on art delivered at Rugby School. Illustrated by eighteen coloured plates, and numerous woodcuts. By George Barnard ...
- New edition.
- London, George Routledge & sons, 1877.
New York, George Routledge & sons, 1877.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 348 p. ill., XVIII plates (part col., incl. front.) 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 B3 1877+ Copy 1 OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 B3 1877+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has two copies: copy 1, brown cloth; copy 2, green cloth.
BAC : Drawings for some plates by the author; most plates have printer's imprint: Leighton, Bros.; some wood engravings executed by C.W. Sheeres or J. Cooper; text printed by R. Clay, sons, and Taylor.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Nature (Aesthetics)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.