Clarke, Charles, -1840, Architectura ecclesiastica Londini , 1819
- Architectura ecclesiastica Londini : being a series of views, architectural and topographical, of the cathedral, collegiate and parochial churches in London, Southwark, & Westminster, with adjoining parishes : the whole illustrative of the ecclesiastical architecture of the metropolis : and also of the various topographical and historial accounts : consisting of one hundred and twenty-two plates from original drawings by John Coney, George Shepherd, etc. : to each is affixed an account of its original foundation : with connected memorabilia / with an introductory essay on early English architecture, and descriptional remarks by Charles Clarke.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Some account of the rise and progress of early English architecture, with descriptional remarks on the churches of the metropolis
- London : Published by John Booth, Duke Street, Portland Place, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- , 35, , 7,  p., 123 leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5470.A1 C53 1819+Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5470.A1 C53 1819+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Caption title: Some account of the rise and progress of early English architecture, with descriptional remarks on the churches of the metropolis.
Engravings by William Angus, Thomas Dale, S. Jenkins, W. Jenkins, Samuel Lacey, W. Preston, S. Rawle, Joseph Skelton, Robert William Smart, John Taylor Wedgwood, and W. Wise; after John Coney, William Pearson, Robert Bremmel Schnebbelie, and George Shepherd.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in half brown calf marbled boards. Facts and observations relating to the Temple church ... February 1811; by Joseph Jekyll bound in before plates. Copy 2 bound in half morocco and marbled boards. With newspaper clippings about some of the churches tipped in.
- Subject Terms:
- Booth, John -- Publisher.Church architecture -- England -- London.Church buildings -- England -- London.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1819.Etching -- Specimens -- 1819.Temple Church (London, England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.