Anecdotes of the arts in England; or, Comparative remarks on architecture, sculpture, and painting, chiefly illustrated by specimens at Oxford ... By James Dallaway.
- London, Printed for T. Cadell and W. Davies, 1800.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., [v]-xxi,  p., 1 leaf, 526 p. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6761 D3+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6761 D3+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is a large paper copy, and has the bookplate of Lindsay Fleming. It has been extra-illustrated, and divided into 2 vols., and has ms. notes (some tipped in) by the author. Some portions of the text have been repeated, and appear with and without ms. corrections. Copy 2, which is of the regular issue (22 cm.), has 1 leaf of advertisements at end.
BAC : T. Bensley, printer."
BAC : Added t.-p. engraved by Girtin.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- England.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Dallaway, James, 1763-1834, Anecdotes of the arts in England;, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.