Plans and views of buildings : executed in England and Scotland, in the castellated and other styles / R. Lugar, architect ; elegantly engraved on thirty-two plates.
- Additional Title(s):
Lugar's plans & views
Lugar's plans and views
- London : Printed for J. Taylor, at the Architectural Library, No. 59, High Holborn, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- 28 p., 32 leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7328 L84 1811+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title, on printed label: Lugar's plans and views.
The plates consist of 17 views in sepia aquatint by Matthew Dubourg, and 15 unsigned plans in plain etching.
Second edition issued in 1836 with title: Plans and views of ornamental domestic buildings.
Printed by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 31
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1971
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Original green boards. Uncolored illustrations. Publisher's advertisement, 4 p., tipped in at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Bensley, T. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1811.Taylor, J. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1811.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.