A new collection of chimney pieces ornamented, in the style of the Etruscan, Greek, and Roman architecture : containing thirty six designs, suitable to the most elegant range of apartments : with descriptions of the plates in English and French / composed, etched and engraved in aquatinta by George Richardson = Nouveau recueil de cheminées ornées dans le stile de l'architecture etrusque, grecque, & romaine : contenant trente six desseins : sortables aux appartements les plus elegants : avec les descriptions des planches en anglois & en françois / composés & gravés en aquatinta par George Richardson, architecte.
- London : Printed for the author, MDCCLXXXI 
- Physical Description:
- , 16 pages, XXXVI leaves of plates : illustrations ; 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 92Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page in English and French with imprint taken from English part. French imprint reads: Londres: imprimé pour l'auteur.
With parallel text in English and French.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 57
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 2755
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf and brown paper covered boards. Bookplate: F.C. Hess, fils, Architecte.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament -- Neoclassicism -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Early works to 1800.Fireplaces -- Designs -- Early works to 1800.Hess, F. C. -- Bookplate.Mantels -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- 1781.
YCBA Collections Search
Richardson, George, 1736?-1817?, A new collection of chimney pieces ornamented, in the style of the Etruscan, Greek, and Roman architecture , MDCCLXXXI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.