Lomazzo, Giovanni Paolo, 1538-1600, A tracte containing the artes of curious paintinge, 1969
- A tracte containing the artes of curious paintinge.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Trattato dell'arte della pittura. English
- Amsterdam, Theatrum Orbis Terrarum; 1969.
New York, Da Capo Press, 1969.
- Physical Description:
- 119, 218 p. illus. 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7420 L6513 1598A (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Original t.p. reads: A tracte containing the artes of curious paintinge caruinge & buildinge, written first in Italian by Jo: Paul Lomatius, painter of Milan and Englished by R. H. student in physik ...
Colophon reads: Printed at Oxford by Ioseph Barnes for R. H., anno Domini, M.D.XC.VIII.
Title on spine: Artes of curious paintinge.
Translation of books 1-5 of the Trattato dell'arte della pittura diviso in sette libri.
S.T.C. no. 16698.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Early works to 1800.