Conference of Monsieur Le Brun : cheif [sic] painter to the French King, Chancellor and Director of the Academy of Painting and Sculpture ; upon expression, general and particular; translated from the French, and adorned with 43 copper-plates.
- Additional Title(s):
Conférence de M. Le Brun sur l'expression générale et particulière. English
- London : Printed for John Smith at the Lion and Crown in Russel-street in Covent-Garden, Edward Cooper at the Three Pidgeons in Bedford-street, and David Mortier, bookseller in the Strand, at the Sign of Erasmus's Head, 1701.
- Physical Description:
- , 17, , 47,  pages, 43 : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC590 L4Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "I undertook the Translation of it..."--Page  in dedication, signed "J. Smith" on page .
The first leaf is blank.
Signatures: [A]⁶ *⁶(-*1) 2*⁶ B-E⁶.
BAC NC590 L4. Has bound with it: Le Brun, The characters of the passions done..., London, John Smith, Edward Cooper, David Mortier, 1701. Bound in contemporary calf with panel binding. Front cover loose. Autograph: "Absalom Evans ejus Liber ex dono Thomasius Pembrocia Comes 1710."
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic -- Early works to 1800.Facial expression -- Early works to 1800.Pembroke, Thomas Herbert, Earl of, 1656-1733 -- Presentation inscription to A. Evans.Physiognomy -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Le Brun, Charles, 1619-1690, Conference of Monsieur Le Brun , 1701
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.