The aquarium: an unveiling of the wonders of the deep sea. By Philip Henry Gosse ...
- 2d ed., rev. and enl.
- London, J. Van Voorst, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 304 p. 14 plates (part col., incl. front.) 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF457 G6 1856Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 101
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 221
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 442 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Plates 13 and 14 appear together on a single leaf.
BAC : "The wood engravings are by Messrs. Whymper."--Cf. author's preface, vii; several wood engravings signed J.W. Whymper.
BAC : Color plates lithographed by Hanhart, after P.H. Gosse.
BAC : "R. Clay, printer."
Imperfect: plate VI wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Aquariums.Natural history.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.